Old November 24th 03, 03:12 AM
Wendy

we had a carpet scratcher too. Wish I knew then what I do now. Here's a link
that might give you some ideas.
http://www.catscratching.com/

One of our cats went to town on the stereo speaker. The sticky tape and a
cat tree did the job. The cat tree has upright areas wrapped in sisal rope
and that's where she likes to scratch now. I sprayed it generously with
catnip spray. Don't know if that helped or not. We also located the tree
close to where she was doing the scratching in case location had something
to do with the scratching. She's even started using an old scratching post
we had.

Good luck!

Wendy

"HereKitty" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
OUr 3 1/2 yr old female cat will have nothing to do with the scratching
post, instead loves to pull at the couch corner or tug on our new
carpeting.This is even after having her nails clipped.We can't babysit her
all day. We're told she's too old to get declawed, any suggestions??