Old April 2nd 05, 12:33 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Yowie"
wrote:

I'm not Catholic, but I think I'll be a bit sad when the current Pope
dies.
Since Joel, who is Catholic, insisted we got The Yowlet baptised into the
Catholic church, I"ve been more interested. I've come to respect the man
who
has tried to struggle on to serve his organisation whilst so obviously
sick.
I may not agree with some of his beliefs, but I've come to admire his
courage and strength of conviction.

I have to agree with you in both respects: not agreeing with many of his
positions, and greatly respecting that he seems to be staying focused as
long as possible. There are warrior cultures that say of someone "he
died well." That seems to be the case here.