Old December 16th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default XMAS FEELING HAS STARTED

children and cats! that should make for a memorable season

You can bet on it,he he.Every year seems to be for one reason or
another.The combination does tend to throw up random suprises.. when
you least expect them too!!?A lethal combination,especially when the
kids bring up subjects best left alone @ the dinner table...

and now kittens.. woo woo

Funny you should say that.I got a call today asking if I could take
4kittens tonight."Apparently", Mummy got knocked over by a car & they
can't cope with them.This family seem to have amazingly bad luck...the
same thing happened to them 10 months ago,when they last asked me to
take in a litter of 6.What can you do though...say no?
I don't think I could do that.The up side is that they are 5weeks
old,So no bottle feeding- I intend to start them off on royal Canin
kitten food mixed with Cimi-cat, & see how we go.I always worry about
taking younger ones because I am terrified that they might aspirate on
the milk.Just because I have done it before, doesn't mean to say that I
feel overly confident about it;I am always worride that it could happen
to me.Any tips are more than gratefuly accepted on this one please?

have you started your shopping yet? lol,

Other than making contibutions to the shelter on behalf of our extended
family, today was the first rugby scrum we took part in.I have to say
that I hate it with a passion(.
Each child got one thing that they asked for, so that was a
relief!Thankfully they have got to the age where they understand that
when things are bountyful,they do get material things...& when they are
not particularly so, we do our best.
We have food, & so do the cats too, as it was buy 2,get one free @ Pets
@Home today.Plenty of litter & another new litter tray to add to the
collection,for the kittens.(yes, I did go soft in the head & buy them a
new tinkle toy to play with.I simply couldn't restrain myself..why do I
do it?)
don't get me nothing..I don't
need anything

Ok then, maybe next year ,hey?The cats are sending plenty of warm
purzzzzzz though to your lot just to make up for it,ok?

Ill probably find my way to some outlet mall just to sample the warm
fuzzy feeling of being at the mall blowing money.. ah..! the illusion
that everything is ok, IT MUST BE Im spending money.

I know what you mean,I almost got drunk on it today..then got a reality
check when I went to the atm(

im trying to get this dang digital cam to work grrrr
i managed to at least get a picture of the trollip herself..

Oh,I feel for you.It doesn't matter how hard you try...the damned thing
never does work how ever hard you try to engineer it, does it?Mine
sends me insane when I'm trying hard to get a particular pic (a good
work-woman never blames their tools ect, lol )
Keep at it, they are always appreciated you know.Once I get the kittens
settled,I will try & post one or two of them when I can.5extra visitors
for xmas.4kitty's in the new extension, & Ringo in the patio
extension,lolling all over his favourite chair..He seems to be
setteling very well indeed.He nips out to spend a penny, then straight
back to the comfort of his hot water bottle under his cushion,& his
food bowl

.. that's her coming out of the litterbox

Thanx for the photo..keep them coming.I thought the caption was rather
funny myself ,lol!(I have 3son's....that is probably why)