Old July 29th 03, 01:59 PM
Helen

"SPillus" wrote in message
Hi,
A few days ago I posted about my kitty Meetoo-20 yrs. old. She has crf

w/
100ml of sub-Q fluid every day. She's been in hospital since Friday. The
original info I had was that her potassium level was low, and was the

reason
for her lethargy and small appetite.
My updated info, straight from the vet's mouth is that her potassium is
*high* at 6.4
5.5 is normal.
Now that she's in the hospital, they have her on IV fluids and have added

some
dextrose to draw the potassium out of the blood stream and into the cells.

The
vet said with her potassium that high, her heart could stop.
The vet is calling me later this evening to tell me the results of the

most
recent blood test.
We wanted to bring Meetoo home tonight as she's been in hospital since

Friday.
Has anyone had experience with high potassium readings?
Susan

http://www.felinecrf.org/treatments....gh%20potassium

HTH

Helen