Old June 25th 05, 04:21 AM
Miss Violette

We are very pleased, Miss Violette for her house
Dan M wrote in message ...
The vet got the lab results back on the fluid he drained from Harri's
chest. It does NOT indicate rat poison as he first thought, rather it
indicates a massive infection. Harri is back on massive antobiotics and
the vet will be operating this afternoon to implant chest tubes. Her
chest will have to be drained pretty much continuously, since just
between when he drained the fluids last night and when he took another
x-ray this afternoon a lot more fluid has collected.

Current concern is for Harri to survive anesthesia (always a risk with
compromised lungs and an ongoing infection). She will be at the vet for
probably 3 or 4 more days. And the bill will go up by another $1500

But the vet ought to able to get this under control. I sure hope so - I
can't imagine going through life without my little Roadcat.

The vet will call this evening when Harri wakes up.

Dan