Old July 13th 05, 12:09 AM
vh,hjgh,hgm,fgm,fgvmn

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:55:28 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Gabey8" wrote in message
alkaboutpets.com...
Since there seems to be no shortage of harassment taking place these days,
right down to veiled threats to contact people's employers, here is the
URL of a site that belongs to the US Department of Justice.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/vawo/grants...98/appende.htm

There are laws against people posting defamatory content online, as well
as using the internet as a way to stalk or harass people.

Guess what, genius? When it's a fact, it's not defaming, libeling, or
slandering. Everything I have claimed about Dan Mahoney of
Highland, California is not only true but completely documented
in public records.

Have we any attorneys posting or lurking here who might like to provide
input, perhaps on things like the proper method of seeking legal redress
against online stalking and harassment?

Why, yes, I think we might have a few attorneys posting here.

It appears, at least to my non-legally-trained eye, that some behavior on
this board has exceeded the boundaries of mere trolling. There are posts
on this newsgroup that might well give the intended victim legal recourse
to take action against the persons who've posted them.

What Dan has done in lying to us, derailing the adoption we planned
for Conan, and putting him in a cage for two weeks is fact. My speaking
out against what he has done and urging him to take this cat to the home
we had planned, or to any home, is my legal right and, in my view, a
moral imperative.

So sure, let's go. Bring it to litigation. I haven't spent my mad money
for the past three quarters. :O)