Old November 13th 05, 09:50 PM
Joe Canuck

Default Cats and mental illness - brief analysis of the research

teejay58 wrote:

I have a tortoirseshell who is six mo old and I wonder if she is psycho.
She jumpos from the tile to the fridge onto the table chairs and chases
imaginary mice. I think she see things or is very imaginative.

My own cat is either psycho or very smart...

I grab a snack from the kitchen and she is there meowing for a treat. I
ignore her and cart my snack off to the tv and rest my weary bones in
the Laz-Y-Boy. She peeks around the corner viewing me enjoying the
snack... then all hell breaks out.

She is normally very well behaved and laid back, but in this situation
she chases around like a madman... er woman since she is female. :-D

The message is clear... "if you are going to snack, then I want a snack
too... and there will be no peace or enjoyment of *your* snack until I
get *my* snack!"

So, I either stick with my diet or get a snack for Molly as well if she
happens to be around.