Old December 31st 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default She's home now

Thanks for the purrs, all. She's home now.

The little sneak managed to sneak out into the back yard last night
before I closed up for the night. I didn't do my usual kitty count
before going to bed, as I was feeling spectacularly crappy. When I got
up this morning I couldn't find little Harri baby anywhere.

We searched the house from top to bottom, searched the garage, searched
the house again, drove around the block, etc. When we got back home it
occurred to me to look under the back porch - there she was! It looks
like she snuck out when I brought Ranger in, then got locked out of the
house and had to spend the night under the porch. The poor girl must
have been freezing! The temps last night dipped down into the low teens.

She didn't want to come out from under the porch when we first found
her. Finally we left a dish of food just outside of her entrance hole
and went inside, and a few minutes later she came out on her own.

She fine and healthy - the night spent in the cold didn't seem to hurt
her. She's chowed down and helped herself to water, and she's come up
into my lap to snuggle.

I'm going to have to do my kitty count every night, without fail.