Old September 13th 12, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Disaster - Espy is dead

dgk wrote:
We came back from an early dinner around 6:30 and all was fine. I
figured that there was an hour or so of daylight and I let the cats go
out into the fenced in backyard. Maybe 10 minutes later I heard a very
peculiar noise, like a cat crying out. I went to take a look and
quickly located Nipsy Marlo and Scooter. Espy normally is in one of a
few choice spots but I saw him under the deck on his side.

That's very unusual, I never saw him lie like that. He was dead. I
picked him up and he was completely limp and there was no life in his
eyes. He wasn't breathing. I sat on the lawn with him in my lap
petting him, telling him how much I loved him, but he was already
gone. It sure seems like a heart attack. He was only 10.

He's in a box in my refirgerator and I'll take him to the vet tomorrow
morning to be cremated. His ashes will join those of Nico, watching me
from the china cabinet. Nico was like Espy, smart and curious. I got
Espy before Nico died, otherwise they were so similar that I'd have to
believe in reincarnation.

.I'm a mess right now. I love all my cats but Espy was special. He was
so smart and curious. The doorbell would ring, three cats would run
upstairs or to the basement, but Espy walked to the door to see who
was coming in.

Well, at least it was quick. I guess he didn't suffer. I know that we
all die, but I wish I could have had him longer. He was just special
and I already miss him.

I'm so sorry. It is such a shock when it happens so suddenly. They don't
suffer, but we are just left stunned, with our arms empty, not having
been able to even say goodbye. Purrs for your broken heart.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety