Old September 21st 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Apoquel (OT)

"The New Other Guy" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:53:30 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Lennie the poodle is allergic to pretty well everything and now he has
apoquel daily tablets. It's a fairly new anti-itch drug and it's working
fairly well, but I would like to find it online a bit cheaper for his
mummie, who spends most of her money on him..
It seems to be sold out everywhere online.

vetdispance.co.uk has 3.6mg available, but only that dose.

70p for the 16mg dose looks to be the common price.

Another site says "Very limited stock due to a manufacturers issue"

https://www.zoetis.co.uk/products/do...quel-faqs.aspx

Thanks. I'm not sure of the dose he is on, but's it's been upped to one and
half tab/day since Saturday as he is nibbling his feet once again. It makes
them so sore, and I've been spraying them with Bitter Apple which only stops
him biting at his itchy toes, not stop the cause.

I'll have a look at vetdispance if Lennie is on 3.6mg. He just got a new 30
day supply from the vet. I dread to think what the vet charges for it.
I am kind of in charge of his meds now because they weren't happening. I
fill what is called a Dossit box for him every week,( which has compartments
in for every day of the week and three time a day if necessary) for his
other dog walker to do. This works well as no doses are now missed
accidentally.
Unfortunately his other dog walker, Mary, is going in for a hip operation on
9th October. I volunteered to take Lennie out every day last December when
Mary broke her ankle and did it until March. Then I did Fridays and
Saturdays since then. Which I enjoy. We do very big 3 miles walks on a
Saturday.
So his mummy asked me if I could help her out. I simply cannot commit to it
every day. I said I would do Mon, Weds, Fri and Sat. because I like to go
the local markets on Tuesdays & Thursdays. But I got gullty the next day
and said I would do Tuesdays too.
It's not because he needs a walk, it because he's kind of like Boyfriend
with the litterbox - Lennie will not wee or poo in his own garden.
I know this is true because when I take him out he wees 4 times within 50
yards and every walk is a three bag one.

He is a lovely dog, he is more than perfectly behaved when he is out. Dogs
sometime offer to fight. He says no. He's very clever too. If I try and
walk on the road, he pulls me on to the pavement, like "are you mad?"
Rita claims he knows when Mary is not taking him out and it will be me.
Mary takes him out at 9.30 and I do later. On my days he doesn't wait at
the door at 9.30.
She think it's because she gets poo bags out for me (Mary has her own)

I'm committing myself to months. Rita says Mary thinks she will up and
about in a month. She won't be.