Old August 25th 03, 09:49 PM
Jo Firey

Thank you all for your input. The whole issue is something Charlie will not discuss
and I needed to "discuss" it somehow. For now we will focus on meeting her needs as
they change and increase. Blocking off "her" room will give her more security when
we aren't able to keep an eye on her and will be much easier than in the puppy days
when the litters loved to climb. I could likely keep her "in" with a ribbon at nose
level.

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
I have a really tough decision to make and maybe could use some purrs and prayers

for
guidance. Our tiny poodle is almost 16 years old. Her twin sister died several
months ago.
She has had heart trouble for several years but the medicine controls it. She is
blind. She used to get around pretty well, but now has a hard time getting in from
the back yard in daylight and bumps into things getting around the house. She has
gradually lost her hearing and is now stone deaf. So she mostly stays on the bed,

(a
waterbed so she can tell where the edge is) or on the sofa if we will put her up.

We
have to carry her outside to do her business as she will no longer go willingly.

She
is good in knowing when her feet hit grass what she should do. And accidents are
getting more frequent. She still follows her nose around the house, likes to be

held
and likes treats. But I'm not sure she finds the water as often as she should and
she doesn't eat her ordinary food very well. She seems very anxious when she is
moving around.

My spouse thinks she is fine. I'm not so sure. I owned her mother and delivered

her
myself so it will be hard to let her go, but I'm thinking it is time.