Old July 10th 04, 11:12 PM
Mary

Is there a cat flap available that does not require the cat to come into
contact as above before the thing will work, is there one that works as soon
as the cat comes within range of the flap so to speakith.

I had the same problem. I just had to make some adjustments and train my cat. I
needed to make him step up to get to the flap. This way he couldn't use his paw
to try and push it open. Here's my door
http://www.mary.cc/patches/images/upstairs.jpg I have no windows or doors on
floor level so I had to make this setup. I then trained him to push it with his
head rewarding him with treats on the other side of the door each time. You
also need to make sure the collar isn't tight so the magnetic ball will always
stay on the bottom so it will be close to the magnetic part. It took me half an
hour, but I finally figured it out and my cat could go in and out but not the
squirrels. A few months later the squirrels ate the door, cut the wires then
stole the battery and cover plate. I found it on the roof. Back to squirrels
and cats coming in and out of the door.