Old February 20th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Depression in Old Cat After 1st Vet Visit in Years

wrote:
In order to help my little girl, I have to be upfront and say this may

have something to do with those "chicken or the egg" situations. I'm
going through the worst period of stress in my life, so I don't know to
what extent if any my kitty's very dramatic and upsetting behavioral
changes are influenced by my depression and ill health.

Hi Violet,
Cats are amazing creatures at picking up on our stress, so your kitty's
recent behavior may be related to that. I would definitely get her
checked out thoroughly though, including a full blood panel workup.
I've done a lot of reading about vaccines, and some vets believe that
they can (especially rabies) cause some behavioral changes. An
interesting read is Dr. Martin Goldman's "The Nature of Animal Healing"
-
http://tinyurl.com/r6jpj

Lauren