Old February 12th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default best Kitty Litter?

Suddenly, without warning, ensoul exclaimed (12-Feb-06 3:09 AM):
we have cats, male, fixed, ayear old indoor cats, we always buy them
food for indoor cats
got them at the SPCA, even though we have a small place I asked if we
sahould have 2 litter boxes, they said yes since some cats don't like
sharing....we've tried so many different kinds, have spray called OUT
for urine and feces odor and a Arm & Hammer product that you sprinkle
on top of the litter, they help some, and one of cats, not sure which
one doesn't cover his poop.....I scoop them every day...please don't
suggest one of those machines that self cleans they run $100 and we
can't afforfd....as always apprecaite your suggestions.

ensoul

Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard.
~Anne Sexton

You don't mention exactly how many cats. Many people suggest you should
have one more litterbox than you have cats. I do realize that it may be
a space issue, but you should have at least as many boxes as cats.

If the problem is odor, try a different cat food. I've just recently
put Meep The Non-Burying Cat on Royal Canin (Mature Indoor, I think),
and she's gone from Oh, My God What An Amazing Stink to Oh, I didn't
Realize She Had...

As for litter, World's Best Cat Litter is, well, the best. Flushable,
covers smell well when she does bury, lasts a long time if I clean
regular, clumps just enough.

Are they both using the boxes, or do you have a problem with one or the
other going outside the boxes?

jmc