Old May 1st 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

Default biting kitten

On Apr 30, 5:22*am, lorraine wrote:
My 3 month old kitten loves to bite. Sometimes it hurts! I'm worried
he'll carry on this behavior till he's an adult! Any advice?

Is there any chance that your kitten is carrying any Birman in it's
lineage?
The reason I ask is because Birmans do actually give you love- nips &
are well known for this trait.
Whilst it is very reassuring to know that your cat Love's you dearly,
it can be a bit of a pain when they show you just how much they do in
fact love you. Especially if you have young children to consider?

I agree with the other posters who have given very good advice. I find
that a handy jar full of marbles is wonderful for this purpose. By the
time the kitten realises where the sound came from, they have stopped
biting, forgotten why, & start considering how to avoid the dreadful
noise in the future instead.
Dangling Toy's are excellent for bonding & taking their mind of
biting, & focusing on bonding rather than nipping you.

Best of luck,

Silknsox "o"