Old December 27th 12, 08:31 PM
mowryyy mowryyy is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy ill kitty with no support

A few months ago I was home from University when my mother noticed my 6 year old cat, Niki was bleeding and her anus looked overly swollen and bloody. i myself took her to the vet who claimed it as a prolapsed anus, and when he pushed it back into place he said he felt something that could be a tumor. He asked that we come back in to do blood work and any necessary surgery depending on the blood results (cancer or not). He gave me an estimate of $1,000. I reported the news to my parents and they blew it off stating we didn't have the money. She wasn't bleeding anymore and that was their concern. The past few months Niki has been acting normal but you can tell she is sick. When we went to the vet she was just over 6lbs in weight, and you can really tell that she is very underweight even though she eats regularly. I have no support from my parents about what to do with the poor baby, and my brother and I are just college kids with no money. Should we just let her be until time runs out?