Old October 2nd 04, 06:41 PM
Yoj

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote
in message ...
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

Baby's name sounds rude

A Bedford couple named their baby son Drew Peacock before realising it

sounded
rude.

The baby's father Russell said he only twigged it when he put it in an

internet
search engine looking for famous namesakes, and was asked: Do you mean

Droopy
C**k?

"It was as if I'd been smacked with a right hook. I started repeating

'Drew
Peacock' over and over again. Then I thought - what have we done?

"I went numb and couldn't speak for two minutes. Then I couldn't stop
laughing."

Mother Shetal Patel had also failed to spot their error despite being

registrar's assistant, says The Sun.

She said: "I thought Russell had seen a ghost when he came away from

the
computer. We decided on the name a month before he was born - we both

loved it
straight away."

The couple are now concerned Drew's name will cause him problems in

later life.

Russell said: "People at work are already saying, 'Hey, look there's

Droopy's
dad'. But we don't want to change his name. It's on his birth

certificate and
other documents."

Some people have no brains...

Cheers, helen s

Maybe some people just don't have dirty enough minds. I couldn't see
anything wrong with the name until I read the article. I can easily
understand why the parents didn't think of that.

Joy