Old September 4th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bonbon

Default Bossy Pants Humming Bird - OT

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:20:16 -0500, Ted Davis wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:38:00 +0000, bonbon wrote:

I'm not sure what else I can do. Any advice would be more than
welcome.

Male Ruby Throated Hummingbirds are territorial, but I wouldn't expect
much territorial activity during migration. I suspect he is a local
resident, though maybe a temporary one. If you want him to leave one
feeder alone, you will have to put it somewhere outside his territory. I
have no idea other than trial and error for finding out what its limits
are.

I have only one active feeder - just outside a kitchen window that has an
inside shelf for the cats, and while I see territorial activity, it's
never as strong as you describe.

Bossy Pants' territory seems to be pretty big. I guess I'll go talk
to a few of our neighbors and encourage them to all hang feeders also.
Thanks for your reply and advice.

-bonbon