Old February 10th 13, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Can cats be embarrassed?

"Joy" wrote in message
"Bastette" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

My guys are like that, too. Roxy has her specific "petting areas." One
is
the throw rug on the living room floor. She often flops over and then
looks
up at me expectantly. If I don't seem to be paying attention, she
curls up
her front paws fetchingly, which I *swear* she knows will get me to
come
right over to her. How did she figure that out? (Joke - I know very
well
how she "figured it out.")

Lindy (RB) used to do that. I called it her "precious pose", because
it
always made me call her "precious".

LOL. I call it the "fetching" pose. It really cracks me up because
it's
such a transparent, over-the-top manipulation. OK, it's adorable, and it
works. But it's still funny.

Boyfie jumps from the worktops if he thinks I see him. Tigger doesn't, he
is up there all the time with no shame whatsoever.
Maybe Boyfie was punished for that in his previous home.
He is not allowed on the worktops and he knows it.

I have never told him that, althought I agree.

I would love to find his previous owners and tell them he is safe, pity they
didn't neuter and get him a microchip.
I did both.
They missed having a wonderful cat.

Although I'm quite glad that he