Old December 20th 13, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default A battle of wills with Tasha

"I've only ever had a mouse in the house once since Persia came to live
with me. When we lived in Tennessee, I used to feed her in the entryway
right next to the kitchen. Her food was stored in the kitchen pantry.
One morning she started to walk into the kitchen, then stopped in her
tracks. There was a dead mouse on the floor. Honestly, she had nothing
to do with it. It just died. She refused to go into the room until I
disposed of it.

Mice have their ways of getting in. Fortunately it's not (so far) been
a problem here in South Carolina.

I guess some of them must get old enough to die of old age.

Not here, they don't. No mice in the house unless he brings one in for my
breakfast.
Living on the edge of countryside, woodmice would sometimes come in. Daisy
whippet would alert me. "Mouse in the house" and then she'd catch it.
Whippets are good at mousing.