Old February 9th 04, 09:31 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Try giving him a second box right next to the original one. Or even
possibly a 3rd box, apart form the other two. He may simply want one to pee
in & one to poop in nowadays. Soem cats do, & this soluatuion will work for
some cats who poop outside the box.

Also, the bright side: be glad he's pooping outside the box, & not peeing
outside it! Poop's a whole lot easier to clean up!

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Kermit" wrote in message
Hi to all!

I've had my cat for going on 15 years.
He's my buddy and I think the world of him, but when he uses his litter
box; 3 out of 5 times he will drop feces either right at my bathroom
door or in front of the box. I'd say that this has been happening for
about three years.
One time I had company (I was just coming home) who went (in ahead of
me) to use my bathroom and stepped right in it. I can't tell you how
embarrasing that was.
When I'm home; I can certainly tell when "it" not in the box, because
wheew!!
I keep his litter box clean, so I don't understand.
I would appreciate ANY ideas.

Thanks!

Kermit