Old August 2nd 03, 12:47 AM
Arjun Ray

In , "Dooies B.B"
wrote:

| I do feel that you are attacking me merely for making a mistake based
| on information given to me from a trusted person.

I'm sorry, I wasn't attacking you. As Karen says, I'm very unhappy with
your vet. You have been given rather poor advice to say the least. I
also got the distinct impression that you had given up - based obviously
on the information (or lack of it) from the vet.

To some extent, I speak from personal experience. I have a CRF cat.
(His case is somewhat different in that he isn't old - only 5 - but
that's inessential.) I trusted (and liked) a vet until the day I found
her giving a prognosis that I knew was wrong. I knew because in the
interim, I had researched the subject. My cat needed fluids immediately
but she didn't think so. Basically, her heart wasn't in the fight for
my cat's life.

So I changed vets. I have stopped going to the previous vet, and I
ignore all the reminders and cards she sends.

I know it's hard to turn away from a trusted person, but I view it this
way: my first loyalty is to my cat, not the vet.