Old November 28th 05, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Why we love children - humor

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

g I love what young children say, they are so literal. One of my
brothers has a coach, he was poring over a map one day, and my niece
Charlotte then aged 4, became interested in the map and wanted to know
what
it all meant. He tried to explain "See, this road is a motorway, this
is
an A road and this is a B road.." She looked at him incredulously. "A

road? A B road, daddy? Don't be silly, bees can fly.."
And again when he was talking to my sil about carrying passengers she
said
"oh, you musn't carry the passengers, daddy, they are too heavy.."

Tweed

Oh, now that's cute. They *are* literal, and they'll say *anything*,
and just aren't worldly yet enough to be embarrassed. It's a precious
thing, really. This thread makes me remember some things mine said
(some in public that made me want to crawl in a hole)...but now I'm
thinking maybe I should write all that down for them to remember *if*
they ever have children of their own.

Sherry

Oh, I really think you should write them down, Sherry. They are too
precious to forget.
Here's another one from this evening when I was paying a brief visit. My
sister in law said to Thomas (aged 3), Charlotte's younger brother, "Tell
your auntie what you are going to be in the Christmas play" Tom cupped

his
hands around his mouth and said "I'm going to be a leopard" I wasn't sure
if I'd heard him correctly, and hey, maybe the nativity play is being
updated these days! so I asked him to repeat it a bit louder. Yep, I

wasn't
wrong, he said even louder that he was going to be a leopard.
I looked at my sister in law, what the ??? She also cupped her mouth so

he
would not see that she said "He's going to be a shepherd.."

Tweed

As I get older, I've noticed that 99 times out of a hundred, when a child
says something that embarrasses his/her parents, everybody else thinks it's
cute.

Joy