Old August 25th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tivoglio

Default 'Temptations' anti-hairball snacks?

On Aug 1, 8:47*am, KenK wrote:
Anyone tried the Whiska's 'Temptations' hairball control cat snacks? I've
unsuccessfully tried everything else I'm aware of or heard about here
(anti-hairball food I've tried gives her diarrhea). BM problems? Other
problems? I'm going to try Google later this morning.

TIA

Ken, I'm new to this group, but I have a longhaired Himalayan who
sheds enough hair in the summer that you could knit another cat out of
it. I brush him twice a day and use a Furminator, but what I haven't
seen in all the replies is the use of a gel to help. Some websites
said that a dollop of Vaseline works, but I was reluctant to use that.
Instead, I bought a tube of Hartz Hairball Remedy Plus (looks a little
like Vaseline in a toothpaste-type tube) for about four bucks. It's
salmon-flavored, so my cat licks it off his paw when I use it - about
twice a week. He's on his second tube, and I don't know how much it
helps, but it sure didn't hurt.
Tom