Old June 10th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mich

Default Main Coon - Needs help with her fur

Bonjour,

I would like to start by saying that I am new to this type of
communication. I am bilingual so if you prefer to answer in French,
please do so.

I have a Main Coon named Missy. She is 1 year 6 months old. Even
though I brush her everyday, many times, she is quite matted. What
doubles my problem is that Missy is quite shy and she does not travel
at all. I have tried many times to bring her to the veterinary for
her annual shots but to no avail. She is very strong and she will not
get in her cage. I also tried training her on a leash - it has been 2
months and we have made no progress. I have had many cats through the
years and this is the first cat I have not been able to either bring
outside or travel to the vet or anywhere for that matter.

To resume, my questions a

1. How can I keep her fur from matting? As I cannot bring her to a
groomer, how can I cut her fur or shave it?

2. How does one train a Main Coon to walk on a leash?

Any help is welcomed and will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Miche