Old April 9th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Juls xx

Default Jack's special story

On Apr 9, 4:47*am, "Paul M. Cook" wrote:
"Juls xx" wrote in message

I don't see any of the familiar names here, but in case anyone is
lurking - and for those who don't know this bittersweet story - here
is how Jack came to be my special big boy.

http://www.ect.org/dj/

His owner was dying of breast cancer, lived in Seattle, and wanted to
find Jack a home. I lived near St. Louis, and decided I would adopt
him. I had a cat who had been kind of lonely since Sharik, my golden
retriever/wolf/mutt mix had died, and had been thinking of getting
another cat.

The people of this newsgroup came together, led by my friend I met
right here in the group (and she'll be a friend forever), and made it
happen.

Jack and Dmitri had something very special.

I've always felt Jack belongs to this newsgroup. Without the people
here, who knows what might have happened. I'm just glad to know him
and love him.

Juls

I remember all that. *I remember when Dimitri died and Jack went into a deep
depression. *I remember the picture of Jack nuzzling Dimitri with a look of
absolute adoration on his face. *Sometimes they bond with each other so very
tightly.

I am glad to hear Jack is on the mend.

Paul

Thank you so much.

He actually woke me up this morning, ready for some breakfast. I'm
dreading the extractions just because it will mean more pain (the
money sucks, yes, but I'll always find a way, and to be honest, my mom
said "He's family...I always help family.").