Old August 28th 03, 06:14 AM
Hopitus2

All the cats we've had with a drop of Siamese blood in them talked way more
than anyone wanted......very loudly! Oliver, our RB Oriental Shorthair (red)
had a big mouth on him and that "Siamese" tone of voice.
BT Rowdy seems to understand love baby talk as well as his name; Sylvie
definitely knows her name; and Maluce knows all her many nicknames, as well
as, "Get drinkie now!" when she has her little dark head poised under the
dripping kitchen faucet (she is the only one who is too dignified (?) to
lower her head to lap from the water bowls on the floor).
Oliver and I used to have regular loud conversations; he would answer
whatever I said with a loud bellow (God only knows what *he* was saying). He
outlived DurDur, his soul mate, by about 4 years. It's funny how some cats
really get attached to each other.

"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
: On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:29:30 -0700, BricksInTheWall8 wrote
: (in message ):
:
: My kitty does not seem to understand a single word...but she does
understand
: hand gestures. If I wave with my hand for her to "come here" or "look
over
: there" she understands. But no words...not "outside" or "treat" or
anything.
:
: Just wondering how many have felines that understand how many words and
: phrases.
:
: Maya has a pretty good vocabulary. The first she learned was "are you a
: hungry cat?" But if I ask if she will walk me to the mailbox she is off
: and trotting. I don't know why she enjoys that so much but she loves
: walking me to the mail boxes. Bruiser knows "are you a hungry cat" even
: though I never ask him. With him it would be a rhetorical question. I
: ask Maya and he comes running hoping to steal her food as well as his.
: He will come running from seemingly impossible distances. Maya has a lot
: of Siamese in her and talks quite a bit. When she is mad she has a very
: "interesting" vocabulary and talks way more than you want her to.
: