Old November 8th 05, 05:30 PM
cybercat

Default Teeth falling out normal? Cat is 13.

wrote in message
oups.com...
George had his exam yesterday. We got it done at the local
university's small animal clinic. It cost $680. (* Gasp! *)

That $680 is going to come back to you in dollars or favors over
and over again. You did a great thing, now George will not be in
pain and will not get sick from rotting teeth.

I guess
cats start out with 30 teeth. George went into the exam with a dozen
or so, and came out with 7. He only has one fang left.

Wow, he must have had a LOT of problems. I am sure you added
years to his life.

Several of George's teeth had "resorbed." I guess the cat's body
replaces part of the tooth material with bone. Nobody knows why.

That is really weird.

So several teeth had "crown amputations," where the root is good but
the crown is bad, and they cut the crown off.

Don't they fill it or cover it? If not what is to keep it from decaying
because the enamel is gone? Just curious.