Old March 6th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Bunny of Bunny Hollow

Default VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they
should be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on
their dinner plate.

I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and
even in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.

It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who
believed that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that
knocking them.

I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.

It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've
seen videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.

The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.

I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.

Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
whatever) make them out of meat?

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --