Old February 5th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

On Feb 5, 7:36*am, tanadashoes wrote:
Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. *The gang has
decided to get her as drunk as possible in my dining room. *The booze
is bought the pizza money is stashed and prezzies have already been
given so that she will remember them. *I'm supposed to take car keys,
film, and cook a nice greasy breakfast for the party girl.

Mandy was born on February 8,1987 at Fort Campbell Kentucky at the end
of a wind storm that blew siding off of the newly re-sided duplex we
were living in. *Like all my births, we were between cars. *The power
went out and Rob knew that the birth was going to happen when I
insisted on taking a shower in our cramped master bathroom with the
power out and the door closed. *I have a problem with tight spaces.
Rob had pulled 24 hour duty the night before and had gotten less than
six hours rest. *Of course everything went fine so I'll spare you the
gruesome hospital details.

Now she is 21. *On my 21st birthday, I went up to the bartender, ID in
hand, for my free birthday drink. *The bartender looked at me in
disgust, said "I've been serving you for months, you aren't going to
get a freebie off of me." *and then suggested to one of my party that
they take me out on the dance floor. *Disco was playing and I don't do
well with disco. *I got drunk off my butt, was walked home and vaguely
remember that I used a trash can for an intestinal relief mechanism
(barf bucket) and crashed.

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? *Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? *There
I worked cats into here finally.

Pam S.

We went out drinking on my 21st birthday with friends. We went to
several
different bars, it's a good thing it was dark because they were pretty
seedy.
I ended up sick as a dog, and had the distinct thought "I PAID MONEY
to do this
to myself??" (money wasn't that plentiful then, hey, it isn't now
either).....
I don't think I ever went back to a bar or club more than a handful of
times. I just
didn't like it. That's a good thing. I know I have the alcholic gene
already.
Happy Birthday to Amanda! She is such a beauty, and so quick-witted
and smart.
Give her a hug for me.

Sherry