Old October 3rd 16, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Iowna checks things out

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Yes, we knowz her az Bast. We aknollidge her at da Jellicle Ball, but
fur ussez da ball iz mostly abowt rememberin owrown frenz hoo haz
went to da Rainbow Bridge durin the past yeer. At da beginnin of da
ball, we reedz all dere namez aloud. After dat, doze hoo wantz to kan
tell uss abowt whut dey rememfurz abowt da deer departid -- we kall
doze tribyootz. We also haz lotz an lotz to eet, an a band or
orkestra so doze hoo wantz to kan danse. Arown midnite, if Bast
allowz, sumfing furry majikkle happinz -- we luk up in da sky an da
Rainbow Bridge appeerz! Fur juss a fyoo minnitz we kan see owrown
frenz dat haz lefted ussez. Fur me, dat iz da bestest part. After
dat, we reedz da namez agin, an sumtimez noo namez haz bin added
durin da eevnin. Den da offishul part iz over but efurrywun kan stay
az long az dey wantz. Offin da ball lasts sefural hoomin dayz, but it
iz just wun day an nite fur ussez.

So dat iz why we iz heer. We thinked dis wud be a gud place to hab da
Ball becuz dere muss be sumfing speshul heer if it survived wile
efurryfing arown it burned.

An now I haz a kweschun: may we hab da ball heer? We duz not want to
cawze diffycultiez fur yoo. Whether da ball is heer or not, we will
still hewp all uv yurownselvez az we hab startid to do: we will leeb
da 'porter an efurryfing, an da Fluffykitz warehowse will still
deliver fingz az long az yoo needz, an yoo kan kall on ussez if yoo
needz enneefing else.

So whut duz yoo say?

Rebecca

The group comes back, with Mr Bobcat speaking:

They completely agree to have the Jellicle ball here. We had not a pip
from our smallest ones against it. We are also greatful for your help
in our time of need. We hope you do not mind if we ask to shift a few
things over time. We want to be self sustaining again.

1- they want to honor the spirit of Bast that brought them help. They
are pretty sure she doesn't mind they aren't all cats.

2- they humbly know they need help and are happy to have it, but they
want to get stock for the fish pond Mr and Mrs Beaver made. The deer
want tree stock that makes nuts for the squirrels and such that they
can with our help, plant to regrow the woods. They do not want to live
forever on free food, but to live sustainably in a natural way.

3- Some who came, ran for their lives but grew up with humans. They
would like to see if they can be adopted back. They want only an
internet connection and to be able to email homes and maybe have a ride
to adoption events.

We will take the help for now, but hope you will help us grow faster
than nature will regrow the area, so we don't need help. Is that ok?