Old June 30th 04, 04:48 AM
Sunflower

"Phil" wrote in message
news:dAkEc.478$Oq2.124@attbi_s52...
We have a Tonkinese female, about 6 years old, that we absolutely must get
out of the house. We want her to have a good home, but the Tonkinese

rescue
group has not been responsive, despite repeated efforts for their help.

The
cat must go. She urinates huge amounts of urine periodically, so she must
be confined where she can not destroy property. She is housed in a room

and
gets attention, but she can not be a member of this household. The vet

says
she is healthy. This last time, the cat jumped on our bed like she always
does, ambled over to us as my wife and I lay under the covers, and as she
walked across the bed, unloaded a 2 foot long mass of urine, spreading to
half a foot wide, and in a manner of minutes, soaked through a comforter,
electric blanket, two sheets, and partially into a brand new mattress.
Luckily, I saved the mattress. The cat will do these kinds of things,
within 10 feet of perfectly clean cat box. She will do it if people are
home or not. We can not establish any pattern. Typically happens once
every few weeks.

We have made the decision to relinquish ownership. She has papers. I

just
want to make sure she has a good home, that can deal with her unusual
behaviors. The cat is otherwise just fine, affectionate, playful (loves
chasing laser pointer dot, keeping away from eyes), eats well, etc.. Has
all claws, but is spayed. Tolerates our 13 year old, laid back Dalmatian,
but the cat is more fearful of her than she needs to be. The dog could

care
less about the cat.

If anyone can direct me to someone who can help with rescue, I would
appreciate it. We live in the San Francisco bay area.

Thanks,

- Phil

This is not the description of a cat that is easily rehomed. I can see why
rescue hasn't gotten back to you. Most likely given her history, she will
be euthanized or cruelly spend the rest of her life in a small cage if they
even take her. If you have any affection for this animal, then take her in
to the vet yourself and have her euthanized. I understand why she can't be
a part of your family, but no other family is going to want her either. You
owe it to her to make sure her last moments on earth are with the family she
knows and loves now. I know it's hard for you to euthanize her, but it's
part of the bargain you made when you gave her a home in the first place.
If you cannot provide her with a good life, at least provide her with a good
death.