Old November 25th 05, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Declawing A Cat

I would have opened the door and said have a good night cat abusers are
not welcome in my house
You have every right to make a scene I told my wife sister's off in front
of everyone so she would get the point of running her mouth has after
effects. Every one gave her hell for what she did she went home early

At least you know how this people are and not to associate with them if they
are that way. People real faces always come out one way or another

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Well the worst part about this was because it was Thanksgiving dinner you
can't make a scene. I was floored when she said she was taking their
newest cat to get declawed. When I asked why she would do it and that
declawing was wrong she didn't want to get into it. I got up and left and
pretty much have nothing to say to these people anymore.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Snittens" wrote in message

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I know this is a topic that keeps popping up over and over again but it
just goes to you that even during the holidays people still think about
declawing their cats. Tonight at Thanksgiving dinner I was shocked to
learn that a couple of guests (they are a married couple) who I had known
for years actually have their cats declawed because they don't like their
furniture being scratched up. When I started on the don't declaw cat
side, one of them said they didn't want to get into this discussion.
I have discovered that those who have no problem with declawing a cat
never want to discuss it.

snip

Honestly, I don't understand why people care about their furniture so
damn much. It's just stuff. I never buy expensive furniture so that way
I don't get upset if it gets ruined. If the cats scratch it or it gets
stained, hey, that's what slipcovers are for.
People want to stay uninformed so that way they don't have to feel
guilty. After I learned the truth about declawing, which I have to give
credit to this group for, I felt awful. I let Dash get declawed when I
was a teenager and I had no idea what it really was. I also blame vets
for not telling their clients the truth.

-Kelly