Old April 20th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Blue Buffalo Spa Select Kitten food recall

On Apr 19, 10:15 pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
Actually before untruth with is stated as facts,

There weren't any "untruths".

Blue has stated that they
didn't know Wilber-Ellis was importing from China.

Yeah. The letter said "This is the first and only time our
manufacturing partner sourced an ingredient from Wilbur-Ellis, and we
had
no knowledge that they had imported the ingredients from China."

The affected portion was
a rice protein concentrate and Wilber-Ellis sent that same product to 5
other manufacturers in the United States. Natural Balance was also affected.

Quote Blue Buffalo's Letter to Pet Parents: "We have taken this action
because the rice protein concentrate used for
this one production run was obtained from Wilbur-Ellis, the same
company
who supplied this ingredient to Natural Balance"

BB also has stated that this was a small lot that got shipped. Most of the
bags affected never left the wherehouse.

Says the letter: "Of the 5,044 bags produced in this one run, we were
able to prevent the majority from ever
entering retail distribution."

This was also the first and only
time that Blue's supplier ever bought rice protein from Wilber-Ellis. I'm
pretty sure they probably didn't know this particular protein purchased by
Wilber-Ellis came from China.

And it said: "This is the first and only time our manufacturing
partner sourced an ingredient from Wilbur-Ellis, and we had
no knowledge that they had imported the ingredients from China."

This only affected the kitten formula of Blue. The rest of the products are
safe. The kitten food had a sell by date of March 7th, 2008.

Uh huh. "The Blue Buffalo Company has undertaken a voluntary recall on
one
production run of our Spa Select Kitten dry food. The production code
on
the recalled product is:"

For cripe's sake. Nobody was arguing and you just regurgitated the
letter back up like it was just handed down to you
on a stone tablet.

Sherry