Old June 26th 15, 02:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default My outside cat has an electric blanket

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 06:40:30 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 6/25/2015 6:55 PM, Mack A. Damia wrote:
I know my two would go under the bed if they are frightened (in a
strange place). I could have a problem getting them out. I have had
the problem here at home especially if I have strangers (workmen, etc)
in the house.

..........I'd say there aren't any motels that have an "under the bed"!
They're all on wooden platforms. I have no idea why.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

From what I've read, use separate carriers. I have one big plastic
carrier - Nipsy will go in that one because he is big. I ordered three
smaller soft-sided carriers for the other three. They are a bit
smaller than I thought - hopefully high enough so they can stand up.
There won't be a whole lot of room in the MiniVan since I'm taking a
bunch of stuff that I don't want to sit in a hot moving van for up to
a week. I'm hoping that the soft sides will allow for a bit of wiggle
room.

My vet said NO to giving them any kind of sedative, but did say not to
feed them in the morning, and probably feed them less than normal. No
litterbox in the van, but I'll put down a tarp to protect the stuff
from any accidents.

I have no idea how I'm going to keep Nipsy and Baby from yowling the
whole way, but hopefully they'll calm down.