Old January 18th 08, 08:47 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,alt.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Baldoni[_6_]

Default Cat brought strange creature home

William Graham formulated on Thursday :
"Baldoni" wrote in message
William Graham formulated on Thursday :
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Baldoni" wrote in message
I have 3 cats but a few months ago one of them came home with this
creature he had picked up. He did not kill it but the 3 of them were
chasing it around but neither of them would harm it.

It managed to get under the furniture and so I was able to catch it.
It had been making a squeaking noise and was about the same size as a
mouse. But it had no front legs and a sort of bottle nose like a
dolphin.

My first thought was that it was a baby hedgehog but they have front
legs. Does anyone know what it might be or has anyone had their cats
bring in something similar ?

I took the creature back out and put him under the fence which borders
the woodland. He was not hurt and soon took off. I kept my cats
indoors for a while so they would not bring him back.

Gopher or a vole.

Paul

Could be a kangaroo rat.....It depends on where he lives......

The UK.

-- Count Baldoni

Oh.....I think Kangaroo rats are native to the American Southwest.....but who
knows? people who like pets might bring one anywhere.......

Well we are over run by the American Gray Squirrel which is not a
native of our shores. I believe the Australians have a problem with
the fox and rabbit.

--
Count Baldoni