Old November 15th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default cat cancer?

"kittypandora" u39076@uwe wrote in message news:7b3b7d4f67cef@uwe...
hello...my 7 year old cat has a grape sized lump on his back right leg.

It
is attached to something whether it be muscle or bone, not sure. He is

still
eating and doing everything like normal but it has grown since I noticed

it
about a month ago. HELP!!!!

A lump in the right rear leg could be a vaccine-associated-sarcoma
(fibrosarcoma). Rabies vaccines are usually given in the right rear leg so
in the event the cat develops a VAS, the leg can be amputated to stop the
spread of cancer and save the cat's life. If you wait another month or
two-and he dies an agonizing death, you'll know it was a fibrosarcoma-- or
you could take him to a vet, now- right now- and save his life.

What would you do if you had a fast-growing lump in your leg? How long would
you wait to see a doctor? Just curious.