Old April 12th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default OT So sad

On Apr 10, 11:51*pm, Marina wrote:
The Museum of Natural History here in Helsinki is running a project
where they fit out ospreys with satellite transmitters and monitor their
migration patterns. I've been cooperating with them from the start,
translating their web pages to English.

Last summer, they fitted a male osprey whom they named Pete with his own
transmitter, and I've been following his progress to Senegal last
autumn, and a few weeks ago he started back towards Finland. A few days
ago the transmitter started malfunctioning, and now they think Pete has
perished. I just translated the last update. So feeling a bit sad.

Today is also the day we bury my brother-in-law's ashes.

If anyone in interested in the osprey project, the web site is athttp://www.fmnh.helsinki.fi/english/zoology/satelliteospreys/pete/spr...
(I hope they correct the year soon).

(((Marina)))
Belated, but heartfelt. Sounds like you're having a tough week.
Caliban, Miranda, your Hoomin needs you! Extra strength comforting
needed right now, please!

Melissa