Old September 14th 03, 09:15 PM
Cheryl

In ink.net,
Stacey composed with style:
My vet prescribed Flagyl for my cat who is showing signs of IBD.
He wanted to try that out before going to prednisone. It seems to
me that since Sebastian has been on Flagyl his appetite has
decreased. He shows interest in food then only eats a little. His
appetite was better even with the IBD prior to taking the Flagyl.
I did a little research and found that Flagyl can cause a decrease
in appetite but it isn't common, or?

Have any of you experienced loss of appetite with your cat when
s/he was on Flagyl? I don't know if it is coincidence or if the
Flagyl is causing it. I will be calling the vet on Monday.

I believe Flagyl causes the digestive system to slow down. My cat is
on it for IBD and while he still has chronic diarrhea, I've noticed
that he doesn't have the volume of diarrhea that he has without it.
What symptoms of IBD does your cat have? There are many.