Old March 16th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Loss of appetite

Yes I am giving him Pepcid according to the vet's recommendation.
Even bought a pill slitter to cut the tablets. It worked very well. Haven't
found any 'cat spits' on the floor.
This morning there was still a bit leftover from last night supper. He used
clean his plate.
I opened a new can this morning and coaxed him to eat.
He only had a few bites for breakfast
and went to sleep. I use eye droppers to give him water. He is peeing
normally
in the box. The stool looked very soft. I may go get some acidophillus (?
spelling)
to sprinkle on his food. I did that before. But then he has to eat his food
first.

Winnie

"Karen" wrote in message
PUrrs for Rusty. Did you try the pepcid?

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I
go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not

with
Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie