Old October 3rd 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

Default Loss of Appetite

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:33:06 -0700, wrote:

I was just wondering, she's been home now for half a day (about 8
hours) and she still hasn't eaten anything. When should I start to
worry and/or manually try to feed her? She still drinks, but isn't
even enticed by her favorite foods. The vet told me she might be
groggy from the anesthesia and/or still sensitive around her bowels/
butt area for a while, but I forgot to ask how long that means she
might not be interested in eating.

You can try heating some food or favorite treats so that the smell is
stronger. You can try putting some on ger paw to see if she will lick
it off.

When my cat was sick and not eating well, I would take some canned cat
food, add water, mush it up pretty good, and then use an eye dropper
to get it in. Once they get a taste of food, it tends to stimulate
thee appetite and get them eating again.

You can also get appetite stimulants from the vet.