Old March 25th 14, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bob[_4_]

Default both friendly and aggressive

I saw a cat in the neighborhood chasing a squirrel. I beckoned the cat to come
and he did. There is no collar. I don't know if it's a stray or a house cat.

He came and rub against me and kept meowing. But as I pet him, he suddenly
hissed and swatted with his claw once. Then he resumed rubbing against me. This
repeated a few times. I thought he would calm down eventually but he didn't. He
even rolled on the ground but I did not rub his tummy for fear of attack.

I have never seen such behavior -- both friendly and aggressive at the same
time. What could cause this behavior?