Old February 5th 15, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jacqui Watz

Default Fundraiser - PLEASE HELP - My cat needs surgery

The tips of Harley's ears are being destroyed by skin cancers, and we've been told he will need surgery to remove the affected parts.

Early last year our other cat, Kitty, was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She needed surgery but sadly, she died shortly after. The vet bill we received was just over $1000 and paying it has had a terrible effect on our finances - ever since then we have been really struggling.

Now Harley needs treatment and it's impossible for us to afford it. We've looked into all options in our area but virtually no help is available bar surrendering him to a shelter and/or possibly having him euthanized. The last thing we want is to lose a cherished family member because we can't afford the vet bills. Harley is an old cat, but he's not elderly - he has plenty of life and energy left and we can't imagine having to deal with another tragedy so soon. Especially when it can be fixed.

All we can really think to do is ask for help and hope the kindness of strangers might get us through. Any donation will help, no matter the size.

Even if you can't donate, sharing our GoFundMe Campaign would be truly appreciated! You can click on the 'Share' buttons on the campaign page and it would help immensely!

Thank you so much,
Jac

Link: http://www.gofundme.com/harleysears