Old March 5th 09, 12:09 AM posted to alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Ivor Jones[_2_]

Default The Difference between Euthanasia & Killing

In ,
Bill Graham typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "krazy" wrote in message
: news
[snip]

: Using the word “euthanasia” masks what really happens to cats in
: pounds and
: shelters—they are killed.
:
: Perhaps so, but if there is no way to place all the animals in good
: homes, and they have to spend their whole lives in cages, they may as
: well be euthanized, in my opinion. I can't stand to see animals in
: cages. for this reason, I will go to neither zoos nor pet
: stores.......

Well here in the UK I volunteer for Cats Protection (www.cats.org.uk) and
we never put a healthy cat to sleep. It is only ever done on a vet's
advice in cases of say FIP or leukemia (spelling..?)

One of the resident cats at our centre has been there over 2 years which
is nothing; one who died a couple of years back was there for 10 years,
she slept on top of the tumble dryer in the washroom ;-)

I still expect to see her there every time I go in there, dear old Polly
:-)

Ivor