Old October 6th 04, 12:11 AM
ceb2

(ceb2) wrote in message om...
We have three 5 month old kittens; Princess Consuela Bananahammock
(don't ask), Roxie, and Grizabella. Today, they are all in surgery to
get spayed and declawed.
I know the general feeling among cat owners is that declawing is cruel
and inhumane. Please, no flames and no guilt flingers. I already feel
bad enough, but we have our reasons.
They are at Banfield Animal Hospital who have assured us that their
procedure is much more humane because they don't do a full amputation
and that since they are being spayed at the same time, it will be an
easier recovery.
I am looking for insight from owners of declawed cats. Should I expect
their behavior to be the same? They all have their own distinct
personality and I would hate for that to change.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANTI DECLAWING FLAMERS NOR AM I LOOKING FOR A
DEBATE!

To all of you:

F*CK YOU AND BITE ME!! None of you know me none of you know my
situation. You want to know how we got our cats? Princess was rescued
from some ******* who never fixed or fed his cats. Her mom was skin
and bones, and so was she. Literally smaller than a softball. She was
our first. She cried all the time if I wasn't holding her. We nursed
her back to health and she is perfectly fit now. Roxie was second. She
came from the Connecticut humane society. No one wanted her. She was
mean, aggressive, and hissed at any person or cat who came near her.
We took a chance and she gets along great with Princess and the new
one. Grizabella came from the Waterbury CT dog pound. She ended up
there because the pet store couldn't sell her. She was the runt of the
litter, already scheduled for euthansia. She came home with a yeast
infection in her ears, worms, and kennel cough. That's right kennel
cough. We ended up medicating all of them, and she needed ear drops
for three weeks.

So all of you just back off. No one here has the right to judge me. We
gave these cats not only a shot, but a happy exsistance, and in
perhaps more than one case, exsistance period.

We had a chance to see them this afternoon a matter of hours after the
surgery and all are doing fine. Tired but fine. They are all eating
and Roxie is trying to play with the other two.

I am not a lurker or a troll. I came here for the same reasons you all
did. To talk about my cats. Buncha freakin hypocrites.

If any of you want to talk about cats please let me know, seriously,
these cats are wonderful, and I love to talk about them. If you want
to jam your opinion down my throat, don't bother.