Old May 26th 05, 12:45 PM
Victor Martinez

Ajanta wrote:
I spent a lot of time reading labels. Must say I was concerned that
even premium food had by-products and corn/rice listed among
ingredients, like cheaper brands. Maybe it ia a matter of percentage?

Yes. Some people aren't concerned about by-products and some people say
not all by-products are created equal. If I could get my cats to eat
only Innova and Felidae, I'd be happy. But they seem to like by-products
for some reason. The Nutro line does not have by-products, so I try to
feed them as much as possible about them. I also avoid corn, since it's
a known allergen for cats.

Another customer who was there said she buys premium food but likes
to economize by mixing dry food with wet. Does this seem like a good
idea to people here ? (She uses 1 Tbsp wet with 1/2 cup dry.)

I give them dry food to snack on between meals. Some of our cats prefer
dry food, but I try to make them eat canned food (it's good for you, eat
it!) as much as possible.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he