Old November 8th 05, 06:18 PM
Irulan

Default RB purrs for an unknown kitty

A candle will be lit for the kitty.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time
wrote in message
I make a 120 mile commute every day between home and
the office. I normally take one of two freeway routes,
depending on which freeways are congested. Today was
an expecially bad day - sig alerts on both of primary
routes. This meant that I had to drive about 1/3 of the
way on freeways, get off on surface streets through the
largely unincorporated areas of San Bernardino and
Riverside counties, then rejoin the freeway after the
congestion.

As I was driving down one of the main drags through
Jurupa, I saw a furry lump in the middle of the road.
I managed to avoid hitting it then found a spot where
I could safely make a U-turn and go back.

When I got there I found a very beautiful, very dead
large orange tabby cat. From the injuries he sustained
I could tell that he died instantly and painlessly. I
would have liked to have been able to bury the poor
unfortunate kitty but I don't carry tools with me and
there were no appropriate places nearby to do so anyway.

I did move the kitties remains out of the street up onto
the shoulder, well off the road, and called the agency
responsible for dealing with animal remains. Most import-
ant, they maintain a list of animals they collect, a
description, and when and where they were collected so
worried animal owners can find out if their furkids have
been taken.

Please join me in purring this poor thing finds his way
to the bridge painlessly, and this his humans may learn
of his fate instead of worrying and never knowing.

I also learned something important today - it's difficult
to drive on a busy freeway with tears in your eyes.

Dan