Old November 29th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jane[_2_]

Default Any large houseplants that cats don't like?

I have three cats and lots of plants. I'm careful not to have any
that are poisonous but they don't return the favor by not eating any.
Luckily they don't seem to be interested in my orchids but I had a
very large plant that has been completely ruined by my jumping,
chomping cat. Of course there's the digging in the dirt too. I put
some screening over it but that didn't help much. She tore off the
screening which made an even bigger mess.

I want to get another large plant but wondered if there was something
that cats really don't like. What about a rubber plant? Is this a
tasty tidbit or will they tend to leave it alone? I know that one
option is to not have anything or something fake, but I really don't
want to do that.

Can anyone suggest a large plant that the might not like?

Thanks