Old December 26th 04, 10:07 PM
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, this is probably totally inappropriate for this group, but other rants
are allowed and this one has been building for some time now.

I'm getting tired of America bashing. I'm getting tired of Americans
agreeing that we should be bashed.

Snippity...

Its America's PR that sucks. We get to see on our TVs all the nasty stuff
that America does, but rarely see much of the nasty stuff other countries
do. And by the same token, we rarely get to see all the good stuff America
does.

Through this group I have learnt that Americans are exceptionally generous
people. That isn't advertised far and wide. Nor is you openness, your
friendliness, or the fact that many of you find some of the things you
country does in your name just as distasteful as the rest of the world. Its
only once you get to know regular Americans reasonably well, can you see
that they are just regular folks like everyone else, and aren't really like
the people we see on the nightly news.

That being said, however, I cannot stop being openly critical of those
things I feel are wrong and causing more harm than good to this planet and
its occupants. Of course, this forum is not the place for that criticism,
but I am just as critical of Australia, my adopted country and one I love
deeply, as I am of America, England and any other country's politics and
global behaviour. And I remind myself that, whilst I am critical of the
behaviour of the government of the country, that does not mean that the
general populace are at fault, after all, except for a very vocal few, they
are regular folks trying to lead regular lives, just like the rest of the
world.

Yowie

---