Old August 11th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Polish-Kraut

Default Cat Claw Ripped Out

You will be doing the best you can for it by takeing it to the vet
ASAP.

Our prayers and purrs are on the way for you and your baby.

Good luck.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

That was my gut instinct as well, I was just hoping that there was maybe
something that I could do for him. I will work on getting him an appointment.

The Polish-Kraut wrote:
Take him to the vet. He may need to be put on an antibiotic f to
guard against infection and if to badly injured it might need to be
wrapped to keep out dirt and such like when it uses litter box.

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Please take him to the vet. It is probably infected. How would you
feel if you ripped out a finger nail?

Is there anything that can be done for a cat that has ripped out one of his
front claws?

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

Is there anything to be done besides take him to the vet?